Blower DoorAir Tightness Testing.
A Blower Door System has three components:
- Powerful variable-speed blower door fan
- A door-panel system which temporarily fits in a building doorway
- A device to measure fan flow and building pressure
- Temporarily sealing the Blower Door fan into into an exterior doorway using the door-panel system
- The fan is used to blow air into or out of the building
- The pressure imbalance between inside and outside of the building forces air through all holes and penetrations in the building enclosure
- The resulting pressure differential between inside and outside the building is measured
- By measuring the airflow through the fan and its effect on the air pressure in the building, the air tightness of the entire building envelope can be measured.